Flatland Futures - Young Person's Studio Programme 2023/24 - Supported by De La Warr Pavilion -
Deadline 6th August 2023
Flatland Futures is delighted to present the application process for a 6 months communal studio residency for artists aged 18-25 years old from or living in East Sussex. This opportunity is designed to run alongside our Autumn / Winter programmes from September 2023 - February 2024 culminating in a group exhibition in February 2024.
This 6 months studio residency will give access to a free communal studio at Beeching Road Studios each day 10:00 - 19:00 with key engagement days happening on Fridays and Sundays with the Flatland Projects and DLWP teams in Bexhill on Sea. This programme is focused on creating an access point in to the artistic ecology of Bexhill and wider East Sussex for young artists at the beginning stage of their creative lives. This residency will also run at the same time as the 2023 Turner Prize in Eastbourne at the Towner Gallery which will be a key resource for this programme to question what contemporary art is, and who it is for!
Successful applicants for this programme will receive:
- A free space for 6 months in a communal studio at Beeching Road Studios (Access 10am - 7pm)
- A group exhibition at Flatland Projects in February 2024
- Mentoring sessions (both 1-2-1 & in groups, with Amy Mock, Young Persons Studio Lead)
- 2 x Sunday sessions each month led by De La Warr Pavilion as part of The Blueprint Collective
- Studio visit with Flatland Projects, Director Ben Urban
- Sessions with De La Warr Pavilion, Learning and Participation team
- A group trip to the 2023 Turner Prize as part of Eastbourne Alive's wrap-around programme
This programme is entirely free, Flatland Projects are committed to making all opportunities as accessible as possible for all participants. Please if you have any particular access requirements we will do our best where possible to support you.
We consider diversity a strength and are keen to make our opportunities more representative of the different backgrounds and experiences that make up our region. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or minority ethnic, disabled, LGBTQI+, or living in areas of socioeconomic deprivation in East Sussex.
Access support sessions to complete this application form via Talent Accelerator Programme, if you require support in making an application please email: email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity please follow and complete the form on the link below: